The Reef Tank banner

anemone in a 10 gallon...how many can i have

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Mr.Peanut 
#1 ·
i was wonderin how many anemones i could have in a 10 gallon tank.....i already have a sebae anemone but i also want a bubble tip to.

#5 ·
THe recommended minimum for either species is 30 gallons. I think even in a 46 you would be asking for one the find the other and sting each other. Nems generally don't handle the parameter swings of a 10 gallon very well. I have known people to kkep BTAs alive in smaller tanks but I would keep a very close eye on a sebae in a 10 gallon

#8 ·
I would agree...I would not add another to a 10g...it generally takes a long time before they show signs of poor health and then it is often too late...I just lost a nem in my 125 for no reason that I can figure out...the tank is 18mos old and very stable...it was a large nem and seemed very healthy until the last week...I have successfully kept a BTA in my daughters 24AP with a couple of clowns for about 6mos now, but I wouldn't do it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.