The Reef Tank banner

Shin Mao Tank

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  cujion 
#1 ·
Hi all ! i bought a shin Mao tank about a year ago to replace an eclipse that just wasn't good enough for what i wanted to do ..

So i found this tank in a local store and i thought it was a great choice for a mini reef it comes with filter and a skimmer and 2 36w lights

Now my problem is i can't remember how many gallons it is i think its 24 gallons . I just recently bout a sebe anemone and was thinking of adding a hang on metal light . would my current light be enough or should i add more light .

Also how long does it normally take for a pecular clown to host it's been about 3 days . If he doesn't would it be wise to maybe buy another pecular clown or would they fight .

#3 ·
He's about 2" now how fast do they grow with proper lighting and food . I'm not to familiar with them he's my first =) . Think they would have told me that they grow that big at the store i might change my 90 gallon fish only tank to reef in the future since I'm enjoying my reef more .

#7 ·
After reading the second one i kinda feel bad that i didn't read first buy second .

he hasn't really moved that much which i guess is a good thing Tuesday I'll go out and get him a friend. I was hoping my clown would host with him one of the reasons i bought one in the first place to see him swim inside it . I think it's one of the coolest things . I've been feeding him brine shrimp should i switch to mysis shrimp ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.