First post of the year - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > Reef Club Forums > Rochester Minnesota Marine Aquarium Club (RMMAC)
Register

Old 01-28-2017, 11:55 PM   #1
oyam123
Shark

First post of the year

Happy 2017 I hope everyone is doing well. I plan to finally move my 75 into the 90 this year.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
pmarkj
Shark

Oooh, an upgrade thread is needed...and of course pics!

My Euro-style 100g -
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f7...ad-228971.html
pmarkj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #3
shane5943
Little Fishy

any progress yet?
shane5943 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
oyam123
Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane5943 View Post
any progress yet?
Warm weather and time off are needed. 90 is still in the box on the floor.
Build party / meeting?
Old 03-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
SaltyHD
Plankton

Hello Reefing neighbor,,, I'm new to the site here and was looking to find a group of close to home people reefing. That 90 on the floor is like my 40 breeder sitting on its stand empty...but just drilled bottom for herbie and have the 20 long underneath waiting for equipment to size up the diy sump baffles. I'm going slow here also, is there any good places in Rochester to buy equipment and or live / dry rock and so on? Hope to see your build soon!

Last edited by oyam123; 03-11-2017 at 11:34 PM..
SaltyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #6
oyam123
Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyHD View Post
Hello Reefing neighbor,,, I'm new to the site here and was looking to find a group of close to home people reefing. That 90 on the floor is like my 40 breeder sitting on its stand empty...but just drilled bottom for herbie and have the 20 long underneath waiting for equipment to size up the diy sump baffles. I'm going slow here also, is there any good places in Rochester to buy equipment and or live / dry rock and so on? Hope to see your build soon!
equipment, No! But I have live rock and an extra bag of sand. You can try tcmas.com or ask here for others with equipment. If not online is best. Bulk Reef Supply or saltwater empire are the best local for new equipment. Oh I have some heaters, power heads and a return pump also. All are used but decent shape.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
shane5943
Little Fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyam123 View Post
Warm weather and time off are needed. 90 is still in the box on the floor.
Build party / meeting?
This sounds like a great idea! It's been a really long time since a get together. I think our President has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyHD View Post
Welcome to RMMAC. Like Oyam said, There isn't much for retail in Rochester. The only stores for saltwater are Fish & Pets and Petco. Neither one does a very good job of catering to true saltwater enthusiasts. However, there is a lot of gear sitting in members closets. Just ask here. I also have some live rock, a few skimmers,coral etc.
shane5943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #8
SaltyHD
Plankton

Thanks guys... I will definitely need a helping hand with a seeding rock when that time comes. I'm still in the starting stage with this build, my next buy will be a good RO/DI system. Been looking at few including BRS and Spectrapure refurbished. Then return pump that will flow around the 5x or so not quite sure yet while looking for skimmer that can handle the sump flow to allow good performance, as for skimming been looking at reviews and so on, like the price of SCA- 301 and would fit nicely. So what you all have sitting around that will fit my system let me know, need just about everything. Thanks!
SaltyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #9
Drak
Plankton

If you want a rose bubble when you get running let me know, i got 15 lol. Im down for a meeting, hopefully im not travelling for work on the day of meeting.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #10
oyam123
Shark

BRS is a great place to get your RODI
I'd be available for a meeting in late May
Old 03-18-2017, 06:49 AM   #11
darbronnoco
Little Fishy

[QUOTE=shane5943;2835353]This sounds like a great idea! It's been a really long time since a get together. I think our President has left the building

I'm still around and I think a meetup would be great. If someone is willing to host shoot me a message. Also be sure to sign up for the email list if you haven't already.
darbronnoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #12
oyam123
Shark

How about we get together and take my 75 down and transfer it into my 90?
We meet and I get free labor, WIN WIN. ��
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #13
tito
Big Fishy

Quote:
How about we get together and take my 75 down and transfer it into my 90?
We meet and I get free labor, WIN WIN. ��
Sounds like a plan. I might need a saltwater aquarium refresher course before I setup my new 100G!
tito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #14
oyam123
Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito View Post
Sounds like a plan. I might need a saltwater aquarium refresher course before I setup my new 100G!
I'll just hold off till you sell me your top quality new set up at 1/2 price after you decide to go in another direction
Good to see your getting back in.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #15
tito
Big Fishy

Quote:
I'll just hold off till you sell me your top quality new set up at 1/2 price after you decide to go in another direction
Good to see your getting back in.
Excited to have a tank again. I need to do some research to see what has changed in the last 4-5 years. Plan to start ordering equipment next week.
tito is offline   Reply With Quote