The Reef Tank banner

cleaning live dead rock

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mjsandbe 
#1 ·
Proper use of using muriatic acid when clean live rock please help

#2 ·
I used a large tote and added 1 gallon Muratic acid and 10 gallons RO water. Let it sit until the acid stops bubbling. Should be about 1-2 hours.

Then power wash the rock and everything will kinds of just wash right off.

You should also add lime to the acid water abefore flushing it downt he drain to neuatralize it.

I did this last year and it worked great.

Afterwards I let the rock dry and then soaked it in RO water and swished it around a few times a day for a week or so, to make sure everything was out.

Good luck.

#3 ·
Welcome to TRT and the Rochester Minnesota Marine Aquarium Club (RMMAC) jon56048! Happy to have you :banana::dance::beer:

You are located in Janesville MN? I am not familiar with Janeville MN.

If you are willing, please post a little about your setup. Pictures are always nice :)

I would love to have you as part of RMMAC. If you are interested in receiving our ~monthly e-mail update, please send me your e-mail, phone, and name.

We have a meeting July 20th that I hope to see you at http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f79/rmmac-sunday-july-20th-community-meeting-details-117375.html

Thanks again for posting :agree:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.