The Reef Tank banner

Does Anyone Know How to Make a Bubble Counter????

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DennisW 
#1 ·
I have a calcium reactor modled after the K2. The bubble counter has a leak and I have tried everything to seal it. Is there a way to make a new one or where could I get one for cheap? Pet warehouse has one for $27.29 but I would like cheaper (of course!) Thanks for any info. Dennis

#2 ·
Well... maybe I'm wrong with this, but isn't bubble counter just a "container" that holds water and the CO2 just passes through it? As the co2 passes through, you can count bubbles. That's the perspective I get from looking at my K2R. So.. I'm assuming you can easily make one for a lot less than $27.

You said yours is leaking. Have you found the spot that it's leaking from? How have you tried to fix it?

#3 ·
Dennis, I saw on a DIY site (no I dont rememeber which) where they used a clear pill bottle for the bubble counter.
Oh heres a thought, stop by a place that supplies in home oxygen, like Care Medical or Lincare( I hate pluggin the competition) and see if the have an inline water trap for
O2 tubing, its a clear cylinder with fittings at both ends for tubing to slip on, FWIW

[ 02-28-2001: Message edited by: Doug1 ]

#4 ·
Thanks a lot!!! I have made one out of a pill vial from the pharmacy. It is drying now. If it leaks, then I am going to a medical supply for the 02 thing. Thanks again! Dennis :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.