The Reef Tank banner

Worried! Aquarium heater question

385 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Smo119 
#1 ·
Im fairly sure this is in the wrong place and I'm sorry about that but for whatever reason it would not let me post it where I thought it should go.

So I recently upgraded from a 10g to a 20g, and transferred my 50 watt aqueon submersible heater. (It is not and has never been fully submersed and I always unplug it before water changes when the water line drops below the line on the heater) I noticed that there was some foggy spots inside the tube so I ordered a new heater, same one but 100 watt so it didn't have to work so hard to heat my tank. But this one is worse! After acclimating it to my tank for an hour before plugging in, once i did, it had actual water droplets in it! I unplugged it immediately and took it out. I put my 50 watt heater back in and it is currently re-acclimating to the water before I plug it in. I am planning on buying an aqueon pro this weds when I get paid, but that is the earliest I can buy it due to low funds from a payroll issue with my last paycheck (stupid job) but I am super nervous about even using this one with the fog. I will be at work all day and am scared to leave it alone. But I can't unplug it as it's winter here and my tank will drop way too low. I don't know what to do! Will the foggy one be okay for a couple days until I buy the pro? Should I call aqueon about the new one I just bought? My 50 watt works just fine, the tank is always between 74° and 76° (heater set at 74) but the fog in it is freaking me out. Opinions, advice, anything to ease my mind for a few days until I get the pro?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.