The Reef Tank banner

Video of longnose filefish/tank in general

Tags
dorsal fin
1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ShirleyM 
#1 ·
OK -- my first time to use Youtube... and the video looks pretty bad in my opinion. It's a crystal clear video shot w/professional 3CCD miniDV video cam... no audio to keep file smaller, and as an MPG2, it was nearly 2gigs. I saved it instead as high quality .wmv and it's 49 MB and looks pretty poor.

So... how do you get these on there with decent quality?

Here's the link, it's 4+/- minutes long.

It's of the longnose filefish eating flake food, and the reef in general.

~ Shirley

#8 ·
partobe said:
That is soooo cool! I thought they only ate polps? Are puffers rees safe? I love your tank ****
Thanks everyone...
That's not a puffer, it's a Saddleback Mimic Filefish -- the dorsal fin is one thing that sets it apart from the Saddleback Sharpnose Puffer.

Well, I guess when you compress nearly 2 gigs down to 49 MB you lose way too much! But, they have a 100MB limit, and I don't have anything inbetween the 2gig and 49MB in saving. I could go lower than 49 MB... :eek: but then it wouldn't be worth uploading at all.

#10 ·
Looking good Shirley:thumbup:
Gotta see the new,improved tank one day(soon ,i hope ;) )
And that big wide open area at the front door! LOL

#13 ·
Thanks so much, everyone- video is what I do, so I expect much better when I show clips... My son explained that if I upload more than 1-1/2 min to Youtube, regardless mb size, it will be further compressed... don't know if he's right. I'll make a short one and see how it goes...

I'll have to share some of the birds in flight now that I have used youtube.

Thanks again!

Oh, and Jeff -- that big "bare" space is not being used my Merlin, Dr. C's Moluccan Cockatoo -- whom you know all too well!!

Shirley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.