The Reef Tank banner

TRT Reviewers' Club

39K views 176 replies 50 participants last post by  Yrahcaz 
#1 · (Edited)
Today we are launching the TRT Reviewers' Club. Our goal with this is to encourage everyone to share their experience on products they've used and stores they've bought from.

TRT Comparison Shopping covers today over 4,000 products and we've already collected hundreds of reviews from members who have taken a moment to explain in a few sentences, what they liked and disliked about products they've used.

Members of the TRT Reviewer Club enjoy the following benefits:

• Recognition by the community with the TRT Reviewer badge
    shining below their avatar :)
  • The opportunity to apply to become a Sr. Reviewer and thus be eligible to receive products from manufacturing companies that want their products tested and reviewed by TRT Sr. Reviewers.
  • Participation in the TRT Reviewer Of The Month contest
  • Participation in the TRT Reviewers Club Forum where we discuss reviewing guidelines and policies and other related topics.

It's easy to join: All TRT members with more than 100 posts and 3 months tenure at TRT are welcomed to the program. Upon the publication of your first 20 reviews you will be invited to the club and awarded the TRT Reviewer badge. :thumbup:

When writing a review, pls spend a few minutes citing a few things you liked and disliked about the product your are reviewing. Be generous in sharing what you know about the product. Everyone else here will benefit from it!

Writing reviews is easy... All you need to do is go to TRT Comparison Shopping and search for the product you'd like to review... Once you find it, click on the "Write a review" or "Add a review" and you'll be taken to a form to review the product... It should be pretty straight forward from there! :)

We are happy to grant the first TRT Reviewer badge to icebear for her many wonderful reviews! The badge is now showing up just above your avatar. Thanks icebear! :)

Thanks also to all those that have contributed reviews! Go write a few more and upon publication of your 20th review we will grant you the badge!

See less See more
#12 ·
Thank you Kakalakasha!

Kakalakasha - Thanks for all the reviews you've been contributing!

We are happy to award you the TRT Reviewer badge which now appears above your avatar. Keep it up!

I am also happy to inform everybody that soon TRT Reviewers will be able to choose to receive products from vendors (like CurrentUSA, SeaChem and RedSea) for testing and reviewing. As I said earlier in this thread - we want TRT to become the leading source of information on products for saltwater aquarists - More details about this soon!

#20 ·
Kakalakasha - Thanks for all the reviews you've been contributing!

We are happy to award you the TRT Reviewer badge which now appears above your avatar. Keep it up!
yeah! congrats!

I am also happy to inform everybody that soon TRT Reviewers will be able to choose to receive products from vendors (like CurrentUSA, SeaChem and RedSea) for testing and reviewing. As I said earlier in this thread - we want TRT to become the leading source of information on products for saltwater aquarists - More details about this soon!
that would be so cool!

#17 ·
The major issue I have is that most of what I have or have used isn't listed by brand. I may have one of whatever is listed by type, but not by manufacturer. Makes it hard to do reviews :( I have to do some rearranging of the storage area some time this week and next and will try to make a list of whats out there and do some reviews.

#18 ·
The major issue I have is that most of what I have or have used isn't listed by brand. I may have one of whatever is listed by type, but not by manufacturer. Makes it hard to do reviews :(
Try the TRT Comparison Shopping search... It reads "Find the lowest price for:" and it appears up top on the right hand side of the TRT logo. If you enter the name of the product you want to review, there is a pretty good chance the Search Engine will find it for you. It should be much easier than browsing through the directory.

Am I making sense - Or did I missunderstand you?

#25 ·
Please join me in welcoming jenglish to the TRT Reviewer Club. :beer:

jenglish thanks much for your quality reviews!! We've granted you the TRT Reviewer badge which is now shining right above your avatar. :)

I want to invite everyone else to contribute quality reviews about products and stores on TRT Comparison Shopping. What you know about the products you own, and the stores you've bought from, - can be of great value to everyone else - Write a review and share the knowledge! :thumbup:

#31 ·
Thanks to OneDummHikk and welcome to the TRT Reviewer Club

OneDummHikk - Great reviews man! You are giving a fair amount of detail in them which makes them little gold mines. :trophy-gold:

In the name of everyone here at TRT Thanks! and Welcome to the TRT Reviewer Club!

Keep them coming! :thumbup:

#36 ·
biowheel and Mr.Peanut We are happy to welcome you to the TRT Reviewer Club

Your badges are already shining above your avatar.:blob:

Thanks for sharing with us your experience with all those products you reviewed! Great value to the reef aquarist community!

Thanks again and we look forward to more of those :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.