The Reef Tank banner

The 300 Gallon in Wall VZ Reef

135K views 1K replies 96 participants last post by  flipside 
#1 ·
#12 ·
OMG!!! I've bookmarked this. Great organization of your information...and incredible system. You know how they always say "find a system and duplicate"... you've become my newest "blueprint".

Congrats!

Dave

#18 ·
Thanks, for the nice words everybody! I got the index idea from Greg's old build thread, and I gots to say, it was good thinking.

Love the orangizatioin there big guy!
How abotu adding your frag growth threads to the list
Big guy? What's all this exercise been for? Instead of adding those growth threads, I think I'd rather just take new pictures. ;)

How do you like your ATI Blue Plus bulbs? I have 2 54w blue plus with my XM 10k halides
I like the bulbs well enough. Or, rather, I've no reason not to like them. I'm not picky about it, though. I know a lot of folks who fiddle with their bulb config rather often, the only bulb I didnt like was the GE 3000 K.

I like how this frag is starting to look a LOT. :agree:
Thanks, Bill. The polyps are not quite as green as that picture indicated, mostly because I block a lot of the lights when I take top down shots so it's exposed with mostly actinics, but it's doing quite well. You can barely make out a couple of red polyps towards the top, but I've seen more growth on the little piece of LE that I've got. I'll try to snap a shot of that one next time I've got the camera out.

#22 ·
Chris, thanks... I have 14 bulbs... so 2 sides of 7 bulbs each...

how do you like the Aquasun bulb... what kind of look do you think it adds to the tank... also, running 2 Super actinics... what does this add also? here is my config.

front
ATI Blue plus
UVL Super actinic
ATI Aquablue Special
Ati blue plus
Hagen Powerglow ( needed another bulb, didn't want to wait to order one)
Ati blue plus
Ati Blue plus

I am liking this combo "OKAY" but have wondered about the aquasun and have toyed with the idea of running another super actinic...

I took some new updated pics the other night, but have not taken the time to upload them yet... I will and then you can tell me what you think.

#23 ·
I like the aquasun, I think the one bulb is a good addition. It makes the tank a little less blue when the "daylights" are on. Let me know when those pics are up, but I noticed they arent quite as true as in real life, so it's hard to give good critique. I'll surely take a look!

#24 ·
Hmm, well today I added a little kalkwasser to the tank, but foolishly it went in a little too quickly. I had some nice snow flakes, but fortunately it was mostly confined to the sump. I tested the calc and alk, and they were where I've been keeping them (420ppm and 7dkh), so it wasnt a big deal, but I'll be keeping my eyes on it over the next couple days. I also want to raise the dkh a point or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.