The Reef Tank banner

The 40B Owners' Club

29K views 173 replies 38 participants last post by  gramps13 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, since there are a lot of 40B here at TRT, why not have a 40B owner's club? Why not celebrate our 36"x18'x17" of awesomeness? So, if you have your 40B or are just a fan of the dimensions... feel free to "join" by posting you full-tank shots here and/or provide links to your build thread. No worries, just making a fun resource for all those 40B folks out there!

Here is a lists of "club members and their builds" (thanks to Rininger85 for the EPIC listing!)

1. Rininger85
2. Guitarherowanab
3. Markalot
4. Nate_Bro
5. Jordan9095
6. Chvypwr31
7. Chillwill007
8. ScruffyRubicon
9. Fihsboy
10. Ajohnson96
11. Foxman97
12. Modulus
13. Alderwald
14. Japonicus
15. jamesbooth66
16. LehnerTanks
17. Caronte
18. FutureDoc

others I couldn't find threads for:
08TRDOFFROAD
Salty4
Caronte
XDR
DAP
Vizzle1717
Fishguts88
Mr. Fishy Man

FD's most recent

See less See more
#4 ·
Aw just took all my fish out of my 40g. It's going to be up and running again soon with an eel I m it after I use the tank so cycle some live rock. Or I may turn it into a frag tank

I don't see anyone in your tank do you not have any fish?
six in total... the black clown is hiding in the frogspawn... tough to see with a black background. Otherwise there are 3 banggai, 1 basslet, and 1 anthias in that tank :lol:

#3 ·
Doh only 40g breeder I have right now is a sump. Lol
I do love the demensions of that tank.

Guess I can have a visitors badge :)

#6 ·
Been fully set-up for a year. Most of it was rebuilt from older systems after I moved. It was supposed to be temporary but it has yet turn out that way. :lol:

This was the tank back before it got drilled and painted... it was a softie tank

#8 ·
I have one, my first, in pretty bad shape at the moment. Just spent 6 hours treating and siphoning flat worms last night. Was setup in February with tap water. :bawling: Distilled and now RO since April.

One clown, one flame angel, one red hawkfish, and one six line wrasse.

#14 ·
If you go to the gallery, just below the six or so images, you will see a bar that reads "my stuff" click on the down arrow beside it and then a drop down menu will appear. Click on "my images". That will bring up all the images you have uploaded. From that, select the image you want (click on the image) and it will load a new page for just that pic. You will see that pic but scroll down. You are looking for the < img > tag code. You will see that code next to it in a text box. Then you copy the text and then past it into the "post reply" or "quick reply" text box you normally use to post on the forum. It is simpler that I am making it sound :lol:

#18 ·
Looking good (turning a blind eye on the tang... :rolleyes:)

#20 ·
I can't say too much. I had a tang in my 40B back when I though I would be setting up my 120g shortly... did not happen but I still recommend finding a permanent home for him.

#22 ·
Nate, it is called a "frag tank" ;)

#25 ·
That aquascaping is awesome. :thumbup:

#27 ·
I have normally use pendent-like fixtures.

I was able to get my hands on a 36 MH/T5 combo but it was "bad" the spread was bad and the quality of light was bad. It is that "older" pic... the one that look like it is from PaulB's early days.

#28 ·
I use the Aquatic Life fixtures. The individual reflectors are good enough for my needs and I really like the looks. I went with Current USA for my 20 long (30 inch fixtures) and while I saved $50 I am regretting it. Aquatic Life bulbs are pretty crappy, unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.