The Reef Tank banner
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bwillcutt 
#1 ·
I put all my corals and fish in a super big rubbermaid tub and I am going to buy a new tank tomorrow to many scratches. While I'm at it I am replacing the sand to. Will this create to big of a problem if I use live sand and most of my original water. I already have had one big disaster this week with a big fish die off, lost power and had no skimmer for three days and to many fish.

Lost!
1 mimmic tang
1 scooter blenny
1 flame angel
1 coral beauty
1 blue green chromis
1 skunk cleaner shrimp:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

#6 ·
I've been thinking about this one.....

Since (if I remember right) the power failure was caused by someone hitting a pole, you should be able to turn a claim into the driver vehicles insurance company for your loss.

The Police dept should be able to provide you with a report,you should be able to request it under the Freedom Of Information Law - FOIL. This typically cost $5-$10 if I remember.

It's worth looking into as you did substain a loss that you would not have otherwise.

Good Luck

#7 ·
Yes if the person has property damage coverage. :2cents:

BTW how did the trasfer go I am considering replacing my 75 gallon Oceanic due to scratches, lack of overflow and age 14 years old.

Not to hijack this thread how long does an Oceanic glass tank last??

Doug

#8 ·
Depitch it went really well no problems at all. I bought a Marineland tank and 80lbs of white live sand on Saturday and waited for it to clear up and added everything Sunday afternoon. What a difference a new tank and 80lbs of white live sand and new metallic blue background can do for a tank upgrade. I will post some pics when I get some time. I have a call in to my insurance lady to see if it is possible for me to go after his insurance for property loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.