I posted this in more detail in the reef fish section, but didn't get any answers, so am reposting here....General question is what happens to a fish if it is "stung" by the spines of a foxface rabbitfish
, which is venomous? Would/could this be fatal to a fish of about the same size?
Trying to explain the death of a Naso Tang that went from energetic and playfully healthy to dead in under 48 hours with no visible symptoms of any problems, no visual damage, and no issues with any other occupants. Parameters were all in line (fully posted in the Reef Fish forum, but they were all measured). Tank is a 175g mixed reef. Tang was about a month in the tank, eating nori out of my hand, no issues at all, then gone.