The Reef Tank banner

Posting Pics

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Phillrodrigo30 
#1 · (Edited)
I see a lot of people have trouble posting pictures. I thought I would make a simple how to. I hope it helps. I am using Google Chrome, but I think it's basically the same for any server.

First go to the gallery.

Then choose a category for your picture.

Click UPLOAD

Next, choose a file previously uploaded to your computer.

Once uploaded to the gallery, right click on your pic and copy the image URL.

In the reply box, click the mountain icon.

Finally, paste the URL into the box.

And viola, we have a pic!

See less See more
#4 ·
This works with any picture your computer can show. Instead of hitting 'copy image URL' goto properties and the image URL will be in there. Just copy and paste like normal. Do note that if the original website hosting the picture changes the URL of the picture, the picture will no longer show on here

#5 · (Edited)
iPhone quick and dirty photos

Idk if this works on other kinds of phones. I can only get attachments this way, so it will put the little pic at the bottom that a reader has to click on to see, instead of the big pic inside your post. I used this method to put a silly photo at the end of this post so you can see what I mean. Its fewer steps if that's all you need.

1. You start with the post reply button, just like DC did. Idk how to fancy circles like DC so I have that bubble open to show where to tap

2. down at the bottom is "additional options" with a "manage attachments" button. When you tap it a new safari tab will open, depending on your settings it pops up, or it's behind the post reply one you're in and you have to look for it.

3. in that tab, you click "choose file" and choose to take a pic now or use one from your photos (you can also save pics off the internet to your photos and they will be there too).
3 1/2. tap "upload" to the right of the "choose file" button

4. A little message will say please wait, then go away. Now you can close this attachment tab and return to your post (if you are on an iPad2 like me, you will now retype your post because life isn't fair and it is gone, or you can be smart and do your typing now). See how there is a file in the attachments box now? That's how you know it is uploaded if you miss the please wait message. Then just submit your reply like normal.

Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me w/ any questions, don't be shy - I want to see all those awesome tanks!

Attachments

#9 ·
I hate the new way for the galaxy. It's very annoying. I used to go to the gallery go to upload download the pic I wanted from my gallery on my phone and then cut and paste the second line of links right into my post. Now it seems that I can't get to my gallery I have to take the picture as I'm uploading

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.