Monday.... - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > Reef Discussion Forums > General Reef Discussion
Register

Old 06-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #1
hackshobby
Shark..but a friendly one

Monday....

That's all I have to say about that. Good morning TRT Friends, and....HAPPY *ONDAY! I ain't sure if'n I have a favorite day of the week, but pretty sure *ondays wouldn't be in the running if I did. Sunshine, war*, and heading towards hot. Schlepping so*e butter*ilk waffles on the table to go with our coffee and pink *ilk for eye openers today. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as *uch as *e....was just down right nice! Hope your over night flight went s*ooth Perry, and today isn't too de*anding on you. Heading over to Pop's house tonight to try and clean the botto* of his way past due fresh water 55 gal. aquariu* Hadn't been done in near on two years, so he figured it *ight be ti*e. Hope all have great things ahead of the* today, and stay cool doing the*, and all the best,
Hack
hackshobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #2
Phishnoob
The Road Warrior

Thanks for the good wishes. Kids don't try this at home, but benedryl and the sun and pool knocked me out.

Just landed and off to work. Traffic will be not good.
Phishnoob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:44 AM   #3
Loverotties
I've got the REEF rash!

*orning Hack and Perry! Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Hack! Not war* here today but hu*id (91%) with thunderstor*s and flooding today!Perry grandkids and water will tired you out! Love to see a pic of the twins! Are they identical? Well enjoy the day all!

Old 06-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
pmarkj
Shark

*orning TRTers!

Well, the rain didn't come as forecast Saturday, but figured that out too late so went up to work on golf cart Sunday. Replaced a cable on the batteries and filled all the cells with distilled water. Then added some Epsom salt. Then tried to use the new charger but the plug was too big to fit in the charger port...grrrr. So had to drive all the way back and pick up the old charger from brother-in-laws. Got back plugged it in and it began charging. I read that it won't begin to charge unless it sees enough voltage in the batteries. That was what it was doing before the refill and Epsom salts. But, now it started charging. Also did more research and if this doesn't work you shouldn't simply replace a few bad batteries and should do all. Hmm, let's see $90 x 6 =$540...ouch. Keeping the fingers crossed that the old ones will take a charge, but prepared if not

Well, that was my action packed weekend.

Kinda cooling off a tad here at 65 with 70 as high...have a great day folks.

My Euro-style 100g -
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f7...ad-228971.html
pmarkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
Doug1
TRT Administrator

Morning all, looking at a hi near 100 today, I don't want it
Old 06-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #6
Junkzoo
NIMAS Club Leader

Morning all,

Just back from dropping two of our long dawgs off at the vet for routine dental cleanings,,,,, and the way my karma or ironic life goes , I have a toothache ,, dunno if a cavity or the cracked tooth I've been ignoring til pain set in. Been a bad boy and been MIA from dentists for a short while (my prev. one retired) so looked for a new toofer doc,, luckily for a small town locale, the one in town had a appt. in a few hrs ,, so hopefully I'll get fixed up and not yelled at for being away from a dentist chair for a bit.

Based on waiting for dawg pickup later, and now the dentist visit, dunno what the rest of my day will be like,,, time will tell.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
1st generation J-Crowd member
PRG Member since '09

Junkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
pmarkj
Shark

Well, the $90 battery is sealed and wont work...most wet 6v batteries are $129 approx so 6 x $129 = $774 ouch

My Euro-style 100g -
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f7...ad-228971.html
pmarkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
cath
SuperMod/Birthday Tracker

Good mawnin', Hack, Perry, George, Mark, Doug, Jeff and all of TRT!

At the ilbrary now using their wifi as mine is out, as is my internet. Oh boyeee

I'll come back later when I can. And then I'll check for birthdays.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

-La Dolce Vita
Proud member of the BRW crowd
cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #9
Phishnoob
The Road Warrior

George the twins are boy and girl, so that rules out identical pretty quickly. They are fraternal.

Not sure if the 12 hours on the pacific or a few hours with the twins was more tiring. Anyway after a couple hours rest on the plane went to work and delivered.

Everyone thought I was doing the impossible. Naw, just a day in the life on an OFR.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
Phishnoob
The Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath View Post
Good mawnin', Hack, Perry, George, Mark, Doug, Jeff and all of TRT!

At the ilbrary now using their wifi as mine is out, as is my internet. Oh boyeee

I'll come back later when I can. And then I'll check for birthdays.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.
Cath, you should pester them with questions on why you can't access the media and stuff at the library.

Also, you need to speak to the people at the San Diego Airport on dictionary usage. Signs said "defibrulator inside".
Old 06-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #11
Junkzoo
NIMAS Club Leader

[QUOTE=pmarkj;2894378
Well, the rain didn't come as forecast Saturday, but figured that out too late so went up to work on golf cart Sunday. Replaced a cable on the batteries and filled all the cells with distilled water. Then added some Epsom salt. Then tried to use the new charger but the plug was too big to fit in the charger port...grrrr. So had to drive all the way back and pick up the old charger from brother-in-laws. Got back plugged it in and it began charging. I read that it won't begin to charge unless it sees enough voltage in the batteries. That was what it was doing before the refill and Epsom salts. But, now it started charging. Also did more research and if this doesn't work you shouldn't simply replace a few bad batteries and should do all. Hmm, let's see $90 x 6 =$540...ouch. Keeping the fingers crossed that the old ones will take a charge, but prepared if not

[/QUOTE]

Yup, adding a few new batteries in with "good" old ones is usually not a good move,, the entire set of batteries charge and discharge as a unit. A battery that is not "matched" with the others will tend to have a shorter lifespan when introduced to the pack.

Golf cart batteries are said to have a useful life of about 6 yrs., tops. And usually their previous life never saw optimum/proper care thus chopping off a lifespan even shorter. Frequent electrolite level checks and top offs with distilled water only help keep life in those $$$ blocks o voltage.
Also heard that charging more often, 15 minutes of run time is considered long enough to warrant a charge. Since I've had the golf cart here a few years ago,, I've been reading up and doing whatever the right things are to be done,,, I'm trying to hold off the day a new set of batteries are needed . And I custom made and installed 2/0 copper welding cable in all the power cable applications on mine. I'm getting all the juice outa these batteries with the least loss as possible LOL.

There are good/bad things with gas and electric golf carts,,, of course battery replacement costs are the bad thing.. Hope you can revive the tired one you have ...

Afternoon all ,

The 2 dogs here are in and out of the vet's for their dental cleanings,, only one extraction, for a cracked toofer was required. And in my case, I did not have technically a tooth problem in my mouth,,, dentist said/thinks I have a slight infection going on under a permanent bridge with a adjoining tooth used to hold the bridge, starting to wear out . Antibiotics started and need to schedule a 90 minute "clean/flush" of that area to rid what crud is said to be there that brushing/flossing, and even a WaterPic can't get to,,,,, oh joy. Just been a dental kind of day here,,,, yeeesh.

Widely scattered, very intense storm clouds have been traversing the sky today, been lucky to have them miss the property (so far) but drove thru some of the aftermath in my running around today.

Dunno what the rest of the day will be like here, prob pull the plug and
call it a day.

Hope everyone had a great day!
1st generation J-Crowd member
PRG Member since '09

Junkzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #12
Doug1
TRT Administrator

Evening all, only hit 98 F today but more to come, drug out a bi ac unit that was given to me, wont fi my windows so swapping it with a smaller one on the beer room at work