The Reef Tank banner

Memorial Monday

728 views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Junkzoo 
#1 ·
I would like to start off with appreciation for all of our veterans, and especially those that made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

Coffee is on, and going to try and work on the weeds if the storm clouds don't unload. We have a lot of flooding and roads closed, and this is going on and on. Looks like blue sky to start the day, so starting early.

Enjoy your day with your families and friends. :thumbup:

#2 ·
Good morning Perry and TRT Faithful.

Yes, remember how and why we are relatively free here in the United Sates. I do love my country!

We could use rain in a big way. Lawns are drying up, hay fields aren't growing and wells are getting testing for recovery as the water table, streams and even lakes are showing the signs of no rain. When we got out of dairying, it was because of 3 yrs of dry summers when we couldn't grow enough hay to feed 175 head. A farmer cannot buy the equipment to harvest and buy the product that needs to be harvested in the same decade. For perspective, in a wet year, there are usually a few opportunities to put up dry hay, and when the weather stays wet, the hay quality goes down do to baling too high a moisture. But when there is drought, there is no hay to get wet.......Send some wet our way, please.

Have my plumber hat on today......the ring/flange under there toilet is bad. Not just the donut, but the metal flange that holds the 'T' bolts. I think I'm going to have to cut the 3" pipe [I have ~8" under the floor to work with], glue in a coupler and a new flange. Gonna check out Home Depot on my way to field. I'd prefer to get better quality stuff, but we'll see. We have a second bath, if we could just remember to walk that way when needed.
"Oh yeah, can't use this one. "

Enjoy everyday

#3 ·
Yes I thanks to all the veterans that have and has served that keeps are country safe and free!
Morning Perry,Dave and the rest to come! Thanks for the coffee Perry,I'll add waffles and sausage. Good luck on the plumbing Dave.
I see no improvement here in fixing problem.As for my side Chris and I have been sick ( going into 2nd week). But dogs are fine and sometime I'll update about them. Hope everyone has a great Memorial day !

#4 ·
Good morning Perry and Dave, and all our friends soon to be joining in....as they climb out of their sleeping bags at the camp ground, our Grand mom's cabin, or take a break from their festivities for breakfast...and a safe and relaxing MEMORIAL DAY! And a big thanks, and well done to our vets, and a heart felt prayer to all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country...THANK YOU! Late start here, got to sleep in til near on 7:30a. Feels like 1/2 the day has past me by...YEAH! Camped out on the 'living room floor', so when the rest of the campsite wakes up there'll be tons of bacon and apple cinnamon pancakes on the griddle, with nice dark coffee and apple juice, and 'pink' milk-strawberry. Company arrives when company arrives...coals will be glowing all day searing burgers, and dogs in the early hours, with baby backs, and New York strips sizzling near on dinner time. Was too breezy last night for a bon fire...still close to a drought warning around these parts too Dave, so after our ice-cream run we snuggle up to watch SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW....which I promptly fell asleep on since I'd been up since 4:00a even though I LOVE THAT MOVIE! To all a wondrous and blessed day, and enjoy all this day offers,
Hack

Attachments

#5 ·
GEORGE!:dance:Boy do we miss you! And a safe and relaxing MEMORIAL DAY to you and Chris. And prayers for your health will be on our family's lips and hearts today.
Hack

#7 ·
Goodmorning Butch! :wavey:That's the best kind...surrounded by those you love..enjoy and be safe.
Hack

#8 ·
Good *onday *orning, Perry, Dave, George, Hack & Everyone! :)

Sunshine today with rains heading this way for the rest of the week.

Good to see you, George.

Hey, Butch! :wavey:

"Fields Of Honor". Such fields, like this one in Middle Tennessee, lie across the globe, from Normandy, Arlington, Gettysburg, Islands in the Pacific and other hallowed places, containing the remains but not the spirits and souls of the brave Americans who gave their all so that we can enjoy our freedoms. Please take a moment of respect for those for which this day is set aside in remembrance.

Have a *arvelous *onday!

Dick:)

#9 ·
Has anyone ever noticed a direct correlation between how quiet you try to be in reference to your concerns for your loved ones your trying to let sleep, and how much inadvertent noise you make in trying to be quiet? Coffee pot banging as you place it back in it's place, the sound of a gallon of milk slipping our of your hands...how many times you have to sneeze before you can get far enough out into the yard so they won't hear and say 'God bless you' in their sleep. Being quiet is tough when you're trying to be quiet. But let someone say or do something really wrong in a crowded room....you can hear a pin drop! And how noisy this keyboard sounds this morning...I thought I heard a SHHHHHSH coming from the local cemetery. It's that whole quantum physics thing ain't it?
Hack

#11 ·
Good mawnin', Perry, Dave, George, Hack, Butch, Dick, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and waffles, Perry and George. I'll add strawberries and nanners, of course.

Giving thanks to veterans who gave their lives while serving our country and to all those currently serving and those who served.

Dave - No doubt about it, farming in any form is a gamble. My mother grew up on a fairly large ranch in SE New Mexico. They grew cotton and alfalfa and irrigated with 3 artesian wells. She told us of a season's crop that was destroyed by a hail storm. Hats off to you and others who farm.

George!! It's great to see you. I hope you and Chris get to feeling better soon. We look forward to hearing about Harley and Heidi.

Butch - So good to see you here. Have fun with your family.

Dick - Thanks for your photo remembrance for us.

Vinnie - Rain for you, I presume?

Going to mow the front yard in a bit, then get ready for a cookout at Bobbi and Hal's place this evening. I plan on making chocolate frozen yogurt in the gel canister thingie for our dessert. Slaw is made and will take large taters to be roasted.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

#12 ·
Morning all :flageagle2:
After a mini marathon of vegetation lowering yesterday, partly to get a good chunk of it b4 the rain comes, AND to give the holiday go-ers a break from da noise, decided I would spent some time in the shop going over the Deere tractor and with the never ending tool cleanup. I've always said, if I EVER catch the clown that makes that mess :ac39: I'll clobber 'em!:lol:.

Blyth finished up her stretch of midder ER stints this am,so after she gets some shuteye will prob fire up da grill later today.

No word on her car yet, (left them alone for a week LOL) rumor was the rebuilt engine was thought to be showing up during the last week, no word of if it had.So far the car sharing has not impacted the two of us greatly, but it's not a breeze either. It's like I gotta fuel up the CR-V 2x's as much as when I was the only driver, what da heck?!?!?! :freak::lol:

Coffee is still on, and cold beverages to be had as needed. In my case, no foamy adult type will be had until a decent amount of toiling here has been completed.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday, and to take some time out to remember the reason for the day off :agree: :flageagle2:

#13 ·
Jeff hope the subie is back soon.

Rain coming again this afternoon. Got the wheel and tire replaced on the wheelbarrow due to the tire splitting open.

Going to hump all that mulch and dirt into the back yard while the getting is good.

#14 ·
Good afternoon TRT Faithful

Hack, I try to catch that gallon of milk before t hits the floor. An occasional egg? "Here, Kelsey".
So glad to see Butch & George!!! Sure wish Ray would stop by and pull up a chair.

Jeff, could you hear the engines from the 500 cars? :) That would be the Indy 500.

Have fun At the cookout Cath.

Perry, how are looking for a chat this week?

Dick, your text is well spoken, sir.

Got the veggies in.

Another beautiful day on planet earth.

#15 ·
Perry, how are looking for a chat this week?

Another beautiful day on planet earth.
Working from home so sure. Got VOIP through the computer but not sure how that sounds. The other alternative is a cell phone.

Any idea for a topic? Submarines, life on the road, gardening, hot rod Volvo's, life in Colorado and cooking are all I know anything about.

Going to find a good photo for tomorrow. The dogs were pretty excited about the mulch and had a party.

#18 ·
Good Evening, Vince, Cath, Jeff & Doug! :)

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day and those with the day off enjoyed time with family & friends.

I just finished my mowing maybe a couple hours ahead of the front that's approaching with rain over the next several days. It was a hot one with mid 90's but the coming rains will cool things down some.

Thanks, Cath & Dave. This day means more than just a day off work.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

#19 ·
Good evening gang....hope all are doing good. WOW....no more torture.....I am up to here with ribs! OWWWWWW....even with belt loosened...heck, removed. Company still dropping by, and my eye lids are starting to get powerfully heavy. Lost track of how much 'dead cow, and dead pig' we've gone...still going thru. Whole lot less moooing and oinking going on in these parts tonight.:nuts: That's a shame Dave I'll be missing that talk with you and Perry....come on winter! Speaking of winter, that pool is still pretty much ice water, but bet me and Nate, and even Sissy jumped in and out a dozen times or so today. Just a nice sunny warm day...probably mid 80's...pool just felt good between chores and courses of food. Any one get to go to any parades today? Our local cemetary, and a local city park held some today....got to go offer a well deserved salute as they placed wreathes today at one of our local memorials. Still chocks me up a bit.....with pride.:flageagle2: Hope everyone has a nice evening ahead of them,
Hack

#20 ·
Evening all :wavey:

Got the Deere back on the work detail roster :agree: and figured I HAD to test mow with it ta check everythin' out :rolleyes:. That turned out being a mow everything 'tween the road and the house (easy 2 hr. gig) , then a lil weedwhackin' trimming around the edges as needed. Since it did not rain :mad: like the weather guessers claimed it would , yesterday or today (10 seconds of barely a misting does NOT qualify as "rain" in my book), I took it upon myself to water the flowers n such Blyth stuck in the ground last week. Now they claim it'll rain tomorrow :jester:, eventually they WILL be right with their weather crystal ball :nuts: .

Having breakfast in the morning with a co-worker buddy I have not seen since my last day at work, and since he was involved with an (another) explosion the day after the BIG boom occurred I'm sure I'll get a earful on how stoopid the production people are by causing it. Somehow my old dept. got "lucky" by not killing anyone, let alone not hurting anyone with these recent violent explosions. A huge office trailer burnt down to the frame some 200+yds away, and a parking lot full of damaged employee vehicles, plus damage to the facility is surely a sign that the next time "it" happens, someone or more may not be that lucky :agree:.

Did not grill out like originally planned, but tomorrow is penciled in to do so :drool: .

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable long weekend :wavey:( I imagine tomorrow's morning thread will include the word " *uesday" in it)

Nite all :wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.