The Reef Tank banner

Best online place to buy live rock.

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bill-e 
#1 ·
best online place to buy rock. Please tell why? kind of rock? what life was one the rock. How they ship?

Thanks
Dave

#2 ·
Hi Dave,

Harbor Aquatics will be shut down for approx 1 week ---- to reopen on the 9th.

It would well be worth your wait. I setup my main tank using their rock and never saw any ammonia - by the third day nitrites had peaked at 0.5 to never be seen again. Also I have not had the typical outbreaks of nuisance algea (due to the macros on the rock?)

On my rock came numerous zoanthid (sp) polyps - lots of tube worm/dusters - at last count 7 diferent speices of Macro algea.
And the coolest thing is 4 small colonies of encrusting brown acropora that have recently been spreading from what looked like dead spots. Millions of copepods isopods amiphods etc. Absulutly awsome rock at a good price.

If you are interested in seeing my tank shoot me an E-Mail.

Phill

#3 ·
That was what I was going to do. I was going to take a road trip down there and pick out my own rock and save some shipping plus it would have ben a lot less stress on the rock. But I think with what has all happened there over the weekend I might just order from premium aquatics I hear there rock is almost exactly the same. Probably are getting the rock from the same place. Its too bad I hear he was a real nice guy too. I wanted to see thier facilities I hear they are nice. I just dont feel like bothering them right now and I think they will be real busy with orders due to being shut down for a while. Premium aquatics has been real good to me too. If you have some pictures send them to me I would really like to see them since we live so close. laff . I ran into another guy from the message boards that lives in the area. He emailed me.

Thanks
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.