The Reef Tank banner

Aquapod vs Nano Cube vs Bio Cube

13K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  PhishPhoker 
#1 ·
I was wondering what are the thoughts and experiences on these tanks. My sister wants a nano and I need to figure out which one is the better manufacturer. I know i should put it in the nano forum but I figure it would get more exposure here

by the way Im thinking of getting her the 12 gal if the nano cube or aquapod. the 14 gal if the bio cube

#4 ·
I have a aquapod and i love it. No problems except some water seepage round the top if you fill it too much or get crazy with the mag float. This was quickly fixed with some aquarium silicone.

I like the 29g bio-cube because it is 29 gallons! However, if I were to get a new pod I would probably seriously check out the new jbj 28 gallon. It has EVERYTHING. Pretty neat-o!

Reefmo

#5 ·
I am not impressed with JBJ - any after-sales service or warranty issues can be problematic - a while back they had problems with tanks cracking. For that reason I don't carry the JBJ line anymore.

I've run an Aquapod 12g for a little over a year now and I love it.

I just got some Bio Cubes - no feedback on them yet but they have a few more bells and whistles than the Aquapod.

Current USA (Aquapod) has the best customer service all around, IMO - as a retailer I sometimes have to deal with customer questions or warranty issues, and Current USA is the best to stand behind their products.

Oceanic just isn't what it used to be, I'm sad to say.

JBJ - very little customer support.

HTH

Jenn

#8 ·
In my opinion, EVERYONE seems to modify the cubes, so why even go with one? You could buy a $250 cube and then modify the lights, flow, etc, but why not start out with what you want? I think you would be happier in the long run.

I would suggest getting a regular tank or going somewhere like www.glasscages.com and buy an acrylic cube. Look at their pricing and email to ask about shipping. They are very reasonable.

#9 ·
I haven't modified my Aquapod. I put a microjet powerhead in it for extra flow but haven't done anything to change the actual tank itself.

JMHO

And I've heard mixed reviews on glasscages.com.

Jenn

#10 ·
Im probably going to get the aquapod. It seems to have the strongest pump between all the tanks and the stronger lights and since Ive always read on how great currents customer service is. Thats why i think the aquapod would be the best.

#11 ·
I dont think ill ever get anything from glass cages unless they were in town for a reptile show or something and I needed a tank to use as a sump. Theres a guy here at the club that placed an order with them and kept getting the runaround so he decided to get his money back and go with someone else

#12 ·
We once emailed them for a quote on something, and the response back was that they wouldn't do it, period. It wasn't anything large or weird - just a small (under 30g) custom sized tank.

After receiving that reply, we thanked them very much and said we wouldn't bother them again.

#13 ·
I agree that for a nice small tank the currents one is best for the price, I have a 24 and like it, been up asa reef in Kristines office for over a year, No problems. I also added a PH to it for more flow, I also have set up a few at the store that worked very nice, We sell them if someone wants the display nano, We have sold a few like that

#14 ·
Ok Im also thinking of ordering a 24 gal Aquapod so I was glad to find this thread helpe me decide and dont get anything from glasscages all junk and they are only good for sumps I just threw one out yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.