Do Anemone's sting humans? - Page 2 - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > Reef Club Forums > TCMAS
Register

Old 02-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #16
VolitanFF
Little Fishy

capman.. this is off topic.. but do you play banjo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #17
capman
Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolitanFF View Post
capman.. this is off topic.. but do you play banjo?
I can't imagine how you figured this out.

The answer: Yes, obsessively, compulsively for many years. The last few years guitar has been more my obsession though (when I manage to find time for such things). On guitar I'm a fingerpicker....I play any kind of music I can manage, regardless of style, including folk/traditional, some bluesy stuff, some classical, some latin stuff, and some things that sort of verge on being jazz. Since I normally play music alone for my own amusement, I tend to gravitate toward things with lots of notes with melody and harmony all worked into the same arrangement. I've been working on mastering a nice arrangement of Sleigh Ride most recently (parts of it have been a big challenge to play well!....maybe I'll have it down by next Christmas!).
capman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #18
VolitanFF
Little Fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capman View Post
I can't imagine how you figured this out.

The answer: Yes, obsessively, compulsively for many years. The last few years guitar has been more my obsession though (when I manage to find time for such things). On guitar I'm a fingerpicker....I play any kind of music I can manage, regardless of style, including folk/traditional, some bluesy stuff, some classical, some latin stuff, and some things that sort of verge on being jazz. Since I normally play music alone for my own amusement, I tend to gravitate toward things with lots of notes with melody and harmony all worked into the same arrangement. I've been working on mastering a nice arrangement of Sleigh Ride most recently (parts of it have been a big challenge to play well!....maybe I'll have it down by next Christmas!).

Cool.. the banjo headstock was my first clue.. LOL

I play banjo and guitar aswell.. I am mostly into the bluegrass and country stuff. I also play fingerstyle guitar such as some classical type pieces. Good Luck on the Sleigh Ride.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #19
capman
Shark

OK...seriously OT (the forum cops are going to get me if I don't get back to talking about something that lives in saltwater), but take a look at this awesome web site:
http:www.frettedinstrumentsnyc.com (click on the Music tab at the top for some amazing collections of really good quality tablature).

At the rate I learn complicated pieces like this, there is several lifetimes worth of pieces to learn at this web site!

Wish I had a decent steel string... bluegrass flatpicking would be lots of fun too.

By the way, Bela Fleck (at least with respect to his acoustic stuff) is my hero!

Last edited by capman; 02-05-2007 at 05:48 PM..
capman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #20
wesley
Little Fishy

I have some Christmas arrangments from back when I went to school for music... I used to record Christmas CDs in leu of actual gifts when all I could afford were blank cds and ramen.

bela fleck=
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #21
Angel~Eyes
Little Fishy

I know this is a late reply....but out RBTA stings me and doesnt seem to go after Tom. I only get a slight burning (after my arm is out of the water) and some slight redness. I have lifted one from tank to tank with no problems but I do get stung in general tank maint., go figure.
Vet gloves go up to your armpit and are good for reefkeeping....I would imagine pretty easy to get also. If you get them from a vet or vet supply, they may be cheaper than ones sold "for aquarium keeping", although I am not possitive about this.

Good Luck.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:29 AM   #22
jbcporres
squid

Some here would say that they sort of stick to you. That is true. I didn't think that they hurt at all. It remains true unless you REALLY get stung by one on the forearm. There is a huge difference between the sticking static like thing and actually having the harpoons stuck in you. Then they hurt. A lot.. and scar. I have photos of mine from a condy.
jbcporres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:01 PM   #23
Tiredtotodile
Little Fishy

If you are going to touch, simply wear gloves

Tiredtotodile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire coral , ron shimek