The Reef Tank banner

Coral Beauty Angelfish

12K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Clownfishman 
#1 ·
The LFS guy was trying to sell me one of these and it had a caution as far as Corals go... Do they eat corals or does anyone have one in their tank and would they recommend??

#4 ·
Well I may go pick him up today then, I just wanted to get some feedback, I bet the fish would look beautiful under lighting and he is compatible with my other tank inhabitants...

Plus he eats marine algae, does he eat the hair algae like tangs cause I have got some good colonies of it he can eat up...

#6 ·
What about them eating your cleaner shrimp..

I have a skunky cleaner shrimp and saw that it was use caution with inverts... but thats the only invert I have.... guess I will just have to wait and see if he tries to get at him....

Does anyone current have a Dwarf Coral Beauty with shrimp and they are getting along fine??

#7 ·
Well he seems to like nipping at my montipora but doesn't bother anything else... if he eats a few of the montipora polpys will the montipora be ok??

#8 ·
I had a cleaner shrimp and a CB together for about a 8 months. The CB was seen at the "cleaning station" on many occasions with the shrimp doing his thing.:) He didn't spin the fish around like Jacques did in Finding Nemo but I guess he got it done.:funny: I did see the CB picking at the live rock constantly but never any of the softies or LPS'.

The CB, however, is in the big tank in the sky now. He got too stressed out when I converted from my 55 to 75g. I think a Flame Angel is going to replace the loss this time. I have always wanted one but also heard it was not a good idea to mix angels.

#9 ·
Well I got pictures of my CB getting cleaned at the "cleaning station" I just looked and saw the skunk cleaner cleaning away at the fish scaled and gills.... he looks like a healthy fish but I guess the find things that are their, I just put the CB in today ...

here are a few pics... they aren't that good because he seems to only like to be cleaned without the lights on?? but they are indeed very cool...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.