The Reef Tank banner

Sea Chem Purigen,,,wat ya think?

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Junkzoo 
#1 ·
Hey all, after gorging today, i told myself i would do a w/c on the 75, and add the Sea Chem Purigen i had to the Fluval on the tank ,,,,tank got clearer in a hr, stuff opened up more than b4, fish looked "happier". i do a w/c of about 30 g's every two weeks, and have not noticed this big of difference b4,,, what ya think ? this stuff as good as they say?tank is a reef w/ fishes,,,all were doing great b4, just noticed a lot of activity of the livestock (corals/fish)figger the tank had some levels of "non-good" levels in it ,and the purigen took it out. tank looked fine b4, (i'm taking a BUNCH of xenia to the LFS on Fri.). just wondering if anyone had experience with this product ,and their thoughts,,,

#3 ·
Doug, i thought there was,,as far as i would use/recomend it . will wait for a few days/weeks etc(it says it works for 6 month's)b4 i decide,,have not used Vortex carbon/diatom powder in the reef tank for a while,,,this IS better IMO,at least in the beginning stages,,,tank does look better/happy an hr or so after it's use,,,

#4 ·
I use it, I like it. We use it at the shop to "polish" the water.

We've just started regenerating it too -- I was a bit afraid to do that, but using bleach and then Prime to dechlorinate afterward, it seems to be just fine.

Jenn

#5 ·
Thanks you two,morning after putting it in the Fluval,,,things look good still so far,,

#6 ·
Well Jeff, as always I am in the dark. I have no idea what this product is, I have used chemi-pur as you know, and I like it but hate to add new products that may not be necessary. Now I add only Aragamight with fill water. So enlighten me, where did you get it ? how much ? you know all the stuff I need to know. :confused:

#7 ·
Scott, as always , i'm here to "light " your way,,,LOL
Purigen, made by Sea-Chem
1 ML of product services 1 gallon of water
granular,,,just a bit coarser than your sand,,use in a fine mesh bag(sump)
says it good for 6 months,can be regenerated
"Rapidly removes Nitro'waste"
"Polishes better than Diatom powder"
"No impact on trace elements"
"Ideal for Reef and plant aquaria"
250ML size was about $10 ,,
got it from Premium
took out the carbon in the Fluval, put this stuff in,,tank looked better after the w/c than it has in a bit(i thought)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.