The Reef Tank banner
422 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jfly 
#1 ·
I found it at Walmart today in the canning section. The ladies working there didn't know what it was but pointed me to the canning area and viola! Ball Pickling Lime... $1.47 for a 16 oz jar. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to get kalk at grocery store prices. :)

#4 ·
Jeff,

How are you adding Kalk? I just made a Neilsen reactor last weekend and have some spare parts left over if you are interested (namely about a 3 foot chunk of 4" acrylic tube) and most PVC parts to assemble another unit.

Only thing I don't have to make another one is the Maxi-Jet 1200 (about $15 online). I even bought a tap so I could tap the inlet and outlet connectors.

Let me know....

Dave

P.S. As we are both in Eugene, we should see if we can do some swapping. You emailed me once, but I was ust starting then. I might have some Zoo's for you now...if you can show me how to frag some of my stuff (never done it yet to anything).

#6 ·
dtiedke:

i have been starting to read about nielsens a lot and have been planning to make a reactor as soon as i can find a source for the parts. would you mind sending me a pm or email with the url of the site you got your plans off of, along with your suppliers for the parts you needed? i could use some help when you have some time please.

ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.