Dive Log - Page 12 - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > General Forums > Margaritaville
Register

Old 08-03-2016, 05:32 AM   #166
hackshobby
Shark..but a friendly one

WOW Rob....now that's what I call an up-date! Take note folks....pics included. That was true and proper, great job! First time I ever ran out of pop corn reading a post....don't worry, I know where to find plenty more.
Hack
hackshobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2016, 06:42 AM   #167
rininger85
Shark...fish are friends

Well I'll wait another 4 months before I update again and then I'll have lots to post again =)

I have a video I've edited together from diving the Ironsides but I have not had a chance to upload it yet. Once I get it uploaded I'll post it and move on to editing some other video that one of the other divers is giving me a hard time about (because she is in it so she wants to see it)
rininger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #168
DiverJohn
Plankton

Great Stuff Rob! I finally found a deal on a 7mm so now I can start getting back into some cold water diving. Also have a few friends that are looking to do some diving in a private lake, over at White Star and even some of the Great Lakes wrecks. Maybe once I get a few cold water dives to get reacquainted with it I'll do some of that stuff!
DiverJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #169
rininger85
Shark...fish are friends

Last night I dove at Lee Lake south of Battle Creek. The amount of fish we saw was incredible... a couple big northern pike, some large bass, and just schools and schools of large blue gills. My gopro was about dead but I tossed in on a charger for 15-20 minutes before diving so I was able to get some video out of the first half of the dive that I'll have to edit a bit and post... it was really a fun dive and most of the time we were only about 15ft deep with the thermocline right around 20ft it was nice and warm, we dove without hood or gloves on in 7mm's and was warm enough we had to keep flooding our wetsuits to cool down. If you dropped below 20ft it got uncomfortable without hood and gloves on though.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #170
rininger85
Shark...fish are friends

video from my 6/25 dive on the Ironsides...

Old 10-31-2016, 12:18 PM   #171
rininger85
Shark...fish are friends

A couple videos I finally got uploaded from this summer...

the vis wasn't great but this was Lee Lake, LOTS of blue gills!

another video from Ross Township Park, our home base for diving... again not great vis but still lots to see.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:06 PM   #172
hackshobby

Very interesting Rob, thanks for memories of summer. Are you geared up for your Dive-of-the-month X12 tee shirt this year?
Hack
Old 11-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #173
rininger85
Shark...fish are friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackshobby View Post
Very interesting Rob, thanks for memories of summer. Are you geared up for your Dive-of-the-month X12 tee shirt this year?
Hack
Hopefully. They will start a new one in January. I have dove my drysuit several times this past year, so I'm pretty comfortable with it now, the only question left is if my regulator will allow me to dive under the ice since it is only rated for 50F, but I've dove it down to about 40F... I had a couple free flows the last year after having my gear serviced, but I have changed my setup a bit so I can now shut each of my regulators off individually in case of a free flow, and after two attempts taking my gear back in to the shop for adjustment I think they have it fixed so it's breathing properly again and I have not had a free flow this year and I did some fairly cold diving since then with my dives in Lake Michigan, but I missed the dive this summer where I really could test my reg for free flows (Lake 16 that I'm sure I've posted about, it is where I had one of the free flows last year because it is pretty cold at depth and you are breathing hard trying to swim fast to make it around the roped off course)... our WND club dove there one of the weeks shortly after Sam was born so I missed it.

One thing to look forward to next year is that I will be taking over as the coordinator for our Wednesday night dive club. Our previous coordinator Lyle has done it for the past 10 years but she is getting ready to retire next year and will start spending winters in Florida so she decided she was going to retire from being the WND coordinator after this year and she recommended to the dive shop owners that I take over her duties and the dive shop owners agreed so they have asked me to take that on next year... nothing too exciting but it does mean that I will be in charge of putting together the dive schedule and will be responsible for helping people find buddies and keep track of who is diving with us each week, make sure everyone makes it out of the water safely etc. so it is nice that out of our group of 30 some regular divers that they want me to do it... they said the pay is terrible (nothing) but there are benefits (free air fills)... I'll take it!
Old 06-15-2017, 09:03 AM   #174
rininger85
Shark...fish are friends

I've got about 9 or 10 dives in so far this season. Not doing a very good job of logging them, but here is a quick video of a bunch of bass fry from my dive last night.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #175
hackshobby

Hey Rob, nice hearing from ya! Cool video! That's a lot of bass! All the best,
Hack

Tags
scuba diving