Banded coral shrimp died whilst molting? - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > Livestock related Forums > Crustaceans
Register

Old 12-22-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
v3trox
Plankton

Banded coral shrimp died whilst molting?

Hi guys. This morning i spotted my banded shrimp molting and this afternoon after work it had died still attached to its molt with a bristleworm going to town on him.

I do still have some nitrates below 10ppm that i just cant shift but hes been in there for months

Any idea what might have caused it? low iodine?
v3trox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
pmarkj
Shark

They are vulnerable during a molt so a variety of things may have happened. My banded coral shrimp hides for like a day or two afterwards.

My Euro-style 100g -
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f7...ad-228971.html
pmarkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
jeremyb
Little Fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3trox View Post
Hi guys. This morning i spotted my banded shrimp molting and this afternoon after work it had died still attached to its molt with a bristleworm going to town on him.

I do still have some nitrates below 10ppm that i just cant shift but hes been in there for months

Any idea what might have caused it? low iodine?
My Fire Shrimp I'd had for a year died...I found him out in the open way up on a rock on his side...I think he struggled to death and died from that. Its like his shell was too soft and he couldn't get all the way out of it . I have a tank full of sissy fish and nothing crazy. He was still moving when I came home but a couple of hours later he kicked the bucket. Still sad about it.
jeremyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #4
jerryclunsford
Shark

Two fish enter, one fish leave.