Feather duster lost its crown - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > Livestock related Forums > Non Coral Dominated Systems
Register

Old 12-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
jeremyb
Little Fishy

Feather duster lost its crown

Hey everyone...so I have this brown and white feather duster that I had been doing very well for a few months. About a couple of months ago I overdosed with NOPOX...the feather dusters feathers looked as tho someone had pulled them straight and cut them in half with scissors. Since then the duster has always been out and seemed healthy. All the sudden about a month later it seems like it has lost its crown! I have read that they will grow them back sometimes and its not too uncommon for them to do this. I have 2 other feather duster that are currently doing fine and have been in the tank the same amount of time. Thanks.
jeremyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:39 AM   #2
jerryclunsford
Shark

How is it doing?
I couldn't add anything to what you said, so I did not respond just wondering if it has recovered yet.
jerryclunsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:08 AM   #3
ChiWing
Super Moderator

I had one lose it's crown before as well. It grew back. But be aware it might not grow back the same color it was. Mine was a mint green and grew back a black/purple.
ChiWing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2017, 03:06 PM   #4
jeremyb
Little Fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryclunsford View Post
How is it doing?
I couldn't add anything to what you said, so I did not respond just wondering if it has recovered yet.
Yeah its 6 feet under in my Deep Sand Bed lol. It never came back and slowly vanished into my miniature ocean. Honestly...I really didn't care. Not that I don't care about living creatures...its just that he was supposed to be a pretty yellow and purple, and for w/e reason I guess I wasent paying attention or something got lost in translation, but when the pet store dude picked it up he must have grabbed the wrong one. I got it home and it was brown and white...I was like uhhhhhhh...this wasent right lol. Always thought he was a hideous feather duster. I think I sent it on its way to a slow death when I ODed some NOPOX...yeah smart move brotha.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #5
jerryclunsford
Shark

Sorry about that.
You have to watch them carefully at the store many times they just don't care what they give you.
All of the feather dusters I have are miniature varieties that hitchhiked on my rock and in my live sand. Largest about an inch across, Smallest a colony of tiny green ones the feathers maybe 1/16 inch across.
They add a variety to the tank though.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #6
jeremyb
Little Fishy

Yeah well my issues is I'm sorta OCD about what I put into my tank. Like I'm not the guy that just goes into a store and buys a coral for the hell of it or invert. I really have to like the coral, AND it has to be at a reasonable price for the most part. Example...I'm looking for an Acro. Well I may see a lot of Acros, but if its not the exact or close color I want and for a decent price I just pass.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #7
jerryclunsford
Shark

Nothing wrong with waiting to get exactly what you want.

I believe in bio-diversity so whatever came with the rock and sand, as long as it isn't detrimental is fine.

Tags
brown white , feather duster , lost crown