I've just recently (2 weeks now) got a chocolate ship starfish
to my non-reef fish only saltwater aquarium. He seemed to be doing quite well, but yesterday I noticed some whitish green spots developing on him and I'm worried. It looks like mold
to me. He's still moving around, but may be more sluggish, it's hard to tell. He hasn't been getting fed directly, and has just been eating what everyone else eats, the fish flakes, pellets, occasional brine shrimp, but I read yesterday that I need to feed him directly at times because he won't be getting enough food. So I tried to last night, I'm not sure if I was successful or not. I'm just not certain if that was the problem, because I don't think so. I think it's something worse, and I'd like to know how to cure him.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.