The Reef Tank banner

Royal gramma died in QT

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Frankiemarble7 
#1 ·
What up everyone,
So I have had a Royal Gramma in QT for a little over 3 weeks when he died. It happened Monday afternoon.

Brief history. After 3rd day in QT I noticed what looked like fuzzy patches on his left side. I didn't want to jump right into any treatment being I have other fish in Quarantine with him. So I watched closely & it began to look better. He wa eating & didn't look sick (except for the patch & his hiding place) after the 2nd week it looked like the scales were flaking off him & the underlying scales looked healthy. My plan at that point was to wait the 30 days I originally planned & move only the other 3 fish up to DT. Giving the Gramma another week or so to heal up. Now he's gone & I have no idea what that was all about or of I would have treat him, could I have saved him.

Anyone have a similar experience? Do u think its ok to move the other fish into DT this weekend? They look great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.