The Reef Tank banner

Final Stock list for 40B

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Marine Monkey 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, so I have finally finished my 40 gallon stocking. I have 2 occ. Clowns. 1 green Mandarin, 1 firefish, 1 mystery wrasse and 1 cherub angel. I have only soft corals in the tank as well. Before anyone gets upset over the mandarin I put in pods from my lfs at least once a week. It is expensive but worth it. Please let me know what you think of this set up? I know I am really pushing it but I have 40lbs of live rock, a protein skimmer and and a aqua clear 110 HOB filter.

#2 ·
Just curious with: mandarin in a new system (pods from lfs feeding him OK)? Sometimes it's not only the food, but new tank can just "stress" the fish.
Single firefish: I thought firefish pref to live in small school? (But keeping a small school might be overcrowding your 40g).
mystery wrasse: do u have pic?

#3 ·
I think one firefish is good. Unless they're a mated pair they'll typically fight with each other.

Mystery Wrasse - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2971+355&pcatid=355 Also, he'll go after the mandarin's pods. Since he's recommended for a 55, between him and the mandarin you'll need to do more than just buy pods weekly from your LFS. That mandarin alone is probably able to eat what's in a bottle in a day. Without a large mature tank and a refugium I doubt you'll be able to keep him from starving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.