Tri-Color Acro bleaching need help - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > Livestock related Forums > SPS Coral Forum
Register

Old 01-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
jeremyb
Little Fishy

Tri-Color Acro bleaching need help

Hey everyone, so I have never kept any Acros before...I have other SPS that do fine. I bought one from a LFS...it seemed to be in great condition under T-5 lighting. I brought it home to my 90 gallon with 2 kessil tuna blue lights. I put him a bit high, and he started bleaching fast! I have a yellow clown goby that seems to be chewing on the acro as well...which I read is actually not too uncommon. I have tallish tank so I moved him down about 8" I think...maybe less. I have other SPS that were around the same area as the acro that do fine with the lights and no issues...personally I think the Acro Frag was use to dimmer lights than mine, and I just kind of shocked it. My question is, once the bleaching starts, and then you move it, do the effects continue on for a day or so before the bleaching stops. I noticed it continue to looks like its still bleaching.

Parameters
ALK 9, stays constant run dosing pumps
Nitrate-10 or below at all times
Temp-79-79.5 usually never fluctuates .1-.2 degrees.
Salinity 1.026
Phosphates 0
Cal-410
Mag1400
jeremyb is offline   Reply With Quote