Originally Posted by tjtomtom123
i am assuming a sump is gonna be recommended so please give some feedback.
currently i know i need live rock about 100lbs i presume and live sand for a three inch deep sand-bed. so please every bit of info for this is highly appreciated.
Go with the sump setup. You will be dissapointed in the long run if you don't.
If you don't already have one you are going to want to invest in a RO/DI Filter with a tank that large.
1. Is the tank drilled? If not you will need overflow boxes
2. DIY Sump
3. Return Pump
4. protein skimmer
5. 1.5 - 2 lbs/gallon live rock
6. If you are going to go with 3 inches of sand you might as well go with more for a true DSB. I personally don't believe in the benefits of this but that is another topic. 1-2 inches is enough.
7. 2 Strong power heads (Koralia 4 or 2 MP-40's)
8. 2 250W metal halide's 4 t5ho actinics
That is just to get started. It will get your water moving and filtered with all the lighting you should need.
You don't need a UV sterilizer. There benefit is questionable at best.