Is this group still active? 120g with stand - The Reef Tank

Go Back   The Reef Tank > Reef Club Forums > MARS - Madison Area Reef Society
Register

Old 03-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
SpartaReef
CntntEdtr for Aquarist.Me

Is this group still active? 120g with stand

Bought a 120g with stand... Its a monster. Love it. But it turns out it is too big for where we want to put it... so I'm downsizing... looking to do a 40g breeder instead.

Selling, bought it for $280, not accepting any offers lower than that.

Will take trades in addition to cash.

make your offer... btw had to borrow a truck to get it home, so will need buyer to come pick it up.
SpartaReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
FloridaReefDreamer
Shark

What group are you talking about?

Geoff
My 210g Rebuild
FloridaReefDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #3
SpartaReef

Mars

Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
FloridaReefDreamer
Shark

I was just wondering what you are looking for?
I see that you have started at least three threads in one day trying to get rid of this tank, that...you.. made a mistake in purchasing.

Maybe it would be good to give it some time to see if someone is interested, there maybe alot of people that would like it, but dont live in your area, so there not going to respond.

I hope you have luck in selling your tank so you can get one that better works with your new plan.

Geoff
My 210g Rebuild
FloridaReefDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
SpartaReef

Yes I made a mistake, one that anyone new to this hobby would likely make. I had the means and access to a large tank, but forgot to consider the overall weight of the tank after it is setup is too much for the location where I want to put it... There is no support under the floor other than the floor struts... A tank this size needs a supporting wall beneath it or at least should be on cement or concrete.

I have family in the Madison area and I figured if there was someone out that way who would be interested arrangements could easily be made.

As for why I'm posting so much about it... Well each is in a different location that others might frequent who wouldn't otherwise see the thread in another location. My wife wants this monstrosity (as she puts it) out of the living room... and to start on the new tank will require the removal of this one. therefore yeah I'd like to sell or trade it off ASAP. And greater visibility would give me greater chances... its called marketing...

Thanks for your help.

ps. saw your location as legoland... heehee a lego themed tank would be awesome... with a lego stand and lego corals...

Tags
120g for sale