The Reef Tank banner

Anyone else have a Lime Green Leather from IPSF?

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Doug1 
#1 ·
I'm not exactly sure what the latin name is for it, so looking it up isn't giving me very good ideas of what mine will look like eventually.

If you have one, can you share some pics?

#6 ·
Well if you look at the last picture above, the gold crown is the smaller one on the bottom and the lime green is the bigger one hovering above it. The lime green has longer tentacles but this picture was taken just after the lights kicked on and leather was just starting to open up.

#8 ·
Icebear,

Whoops, I see what you are talking about! When I received these a couple years back from IPSF the one leather I have taken pictures of was labeled lime green leather. After looking at your web site, obviously our two corals are not the same. Sorry about that...

#9 ·
LOL, ok, i was looking at the greenish lifeform on the lower left of the last photo you posted, i thought maybe when you had taken the pic the green item was not the focal point, but since it was there... :) Nice growth on the big yellow one!

Doug, yes they are both upright now and extending, i hope they start growing soon :) i need to update my pics.

#13 ·
I have a couple of lime green sinulara, but they came from the lfs tank, the "parent" was melting and I took a couple of the pieces and "saved" them (I think I saved them too well) They started out as red blobs (they were died) and now they are about 4-5 inches tall and resemble flourecent green broccolii (ok how do you spell that.... where is spell check when you need it...:rolleyes: )

#14 ·
Not to throw a monkey wrench in the works here but often times afairly good guess as to Genus may be as close as you get. Especially with the octocorals, the variations in morphology are astounding and same species within meters of one another can assume totally different appearence. At least with miost scleractinians you can ID to Genus by skelatal charactoristics and what not. With softies shape form and color may or may not bedetermining factors, also consider tissue types and schlerites present,etc. And if you like these you will really love Corallimorphs, with few exceptions its all by guess or by golly :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.